Superstatic or Ultrasonic - DMS break it down
23 March 2021
When selecting a heat/energy meter the options can be overwhelming, ensuring it meets certain approvals and capabilities – such as glycol approved and the option to read remotely. Another factor to consider is whether you need a mechanical or Superstatic meter. We have boiled down the main points to bear in mind when it comes to choosing between Superstatic or ultrasonic.
The top ten reasons to choose Superstatic metering.
1. The Superstatic is both a heating and cooling meter – accurately measuring temperatures of between -20°C +130°C.
2. A complete range of flow capabilities, covering sizes from QP 1 up to QP 1500 (DN15 – DN500)
3. A wide flow range of QP 0.6 – 1500 m3/h
4. Installation made easy with the option to fit horizontally and vertically up or down the pipework.
5. The widest tolerance for glycol – currently exceeding 100 known solutions.
6. Self-cleaning oscillator jets – preventing influence from water impurities.
7. A high accuracy – a minimum of 0.5bar system pressure is required.
8. Low maintenance costs – with replaceable integrators/sensor heads – without the need to remove from the pipework.
9. Best result at the ADFW (Germany) for the durability test
10. No reflection or misdirection of the signals.
For more information relating to Superstatic metering give us a call!
01773 534555 / email@example.com